Jim Lundy looks back on his mark on banking industry
James H. Lundy’s impact on Arizona’s business community is undeniable.
- He is the founding CEO of Alliance Bank of Arizona and helped grow it from a start-up bank in 2003 into the fourth-largest banking organization in Arizona.
- Lundy is past chairman and current board member of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC).
- He is immediate past chairman of the Catholic Community Foundation.
- Lundy is secretary of the Phoenix Civic Improvement Corporation.
- He recently completed a three-year term on the FDIC Community Banking Advisory Council.
- The banking icon is past chairman of the Arizona Bankers Association.
- Most important to the future of Arizona, Lundy has helped spearhead the issue of high-quality, accessible education across the state.
Lundy will call it a career when he retires on March 31, 2017. Don H. Garner, also a member of the organization’s original management team, became the new CEO of Alliance Bank of Arizona on January 1, 2017.