Senior Managing Director
Francesca C. Castagnola is senior managing director of Western Alliance Bank's Settlement Services Group.
Ms. Castagnola, a 30-year banking veteran, was a founding officer of the Bank's San Diego division. With the Settlement Services Group, she serves class action litigators and claims administrators, focusing on the entire life cycle of large legal settlements, from escrow through distribution and residual balances for class action, mass-tort and bankruptcy cases.
Ms. Castagnola has significant expertise in simple to complex escrow and fiduciary banking services. Her portfolio includes law firms, claims administrators and related legal services companies. Since 2003 she has managed the banking aspects of hundreds of Qualified Settlement Funds.
Ms. Castagnola is an industry authority on the latest key industry developments and insights. She is a frequent speaker, event moderator and author, and has been featured in top media outlets such as Law.com.
In 2020 she spearheaded Western Alliance Bank's first-of-its-kind Rule 23 Amendments Research Report and moderated an exclusive panel of practitioners including plaintiffs attorneys, defense attorneys and sitting judges at the annual Class Action Law ForumTM, presented by Western Alliance Bank.
Her published articles and collaborations with industry leaders include:
- Securities Class Actions Are Surging and Getting More Complex: Here's What You Need to Know
- As Data Breaches Proliferate, Class Action Law Hustles to Keep Pace
- Class Action Experts Weigh In on Rule 23 Changes
- Transparency and Accountability are Paramount in Class Action
- The Age of Mega Filings: Four Post-Settlement Considerations for the Care and Safety of Funds
- Five Things Plaintiffs' Counsel Should Know about the Settlement-Distribution Process
Ms. Castagnola attended the University of San Diego.